mirage city workshop
- 1992 exhibit in ICC, Tokyo
- directed by Arata Isozaki
Ice Breaker (1min x 5)
- where is your favorite place to hang around, except your house / school?
Given the lecture, sketch your version of the city. (15min)
Where do people live/work?
- Are they mixed uage? (= fewer commute time)
Where are the places to play?
Is it a rich/poor district, do we want to separate it??
where is your favorite place in Japan/Canada
- How does it look like from above?
- How whould you improve it?
What kind of mode of mobility is used?
- Bullet trains? (新幹線)
- Private Cars?
- Uber? Car sharing?
- Autonomous Cars?
Bikes, bicycle, e-kickboards, scooters?
sign your initial, swap your sheet of with your peers (5min)
Do 2. again. Overwrite anything you like (15min)
– Plan A –
Present your sheet to your other team members (3min x 5)
Vote on each others plans (5min)
Present the teams best idea to the next team. (5min x 2)
Vote between two plans (5min)
… Repeat untill we converge into one
– Plan B –
keep 2-4 loop
- workshop activity sheet
- color pencils
- stick glue